International graduate students from across the globe are invited to apply for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) for an opportunity to study and research in a Singaporean university on full scholarship.
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Singapore Agency for Science/Collaborators
Scholarships to be taken at: Singapore.
Scholarship Type: Full Funding
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD).
Scholarship Worth/Allowance: Please see scholarship benefits
Subject Eligibility: See research areas (below).
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria: The eligibility conditions will include;
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
- GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results may be required depending on the school you are applying to.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
Application Procedures for the Singapore Graduate Award Scholarships for International Students, 2020/2021 – How-to-Apply:
To apply for the Singapore Graduate Award Scholarships, you need to follow the below steps;
- Browse PhD Research Projects
Go to Research Areas (links given above) to browse the projects you are interested in.
- Documents Required
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- a. Passport
b. A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)3.Transcripts & Reports
ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
Make sure to see full application procedures at the official webpage.
Application Deadline: 1 June 2020 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)