University of Queensland,Australia is happy to announce to domestic and International students across the globe that applications are invited for the opportunity to get funding for up to $40000 per annum through the university’s PhD scholarship scheme targeted at bringing digital excellence to clinical excellence.
The Department of Health is partnering with the University of Queensland (UQ) and the Digital Health CRC (DHCRC) to support the emergence of a new breed of interdisciplinary leader who can use evidence and thought-leadership to help shape the digital transformation of healthcare in Queensland and become respected leaders in Australia and globally. Hence, the work will offer a coordinated set of three PhD scholarships
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Queensland
Scholarships to be taken at: University of Queensland, Australia.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Postgraduate.
Slots: 3 PhD scholarships per set.
Scholarship Worth: $40000 per annum plus ($3,800) for health cover plus $5000 for education related expenses.
Subject Eligibility: See eligibility and selection criteria (below).
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Domestic and International Students.
You May Also Like:
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
The following conditions hold for the award of the PhD scholarships;
- Scholarships open to students of all nationalities (domestic and international)
- Applicants should be enrolled/enrolling for a Higher Degree by Research in Business and Economics, Engineering and Computing, Health and Behavioural Sciences, Medicine, Science and Mathematics.
- Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree with at least honours class IIA or equivalent from approved universities, which includes a relevant research component, or
- A research master’s degree, or
- A coursework master’s degree and an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes a relevant research component, or
- A postgraduate degree of at least one year full-time equivalent with an overall GPA (grade point average) equivalent to 5.0 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours IIA will be considered for PhD entry on a case by case basis, or
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of documented relevant research experience, including research publications.
- Applicants can please check the entry requirements for UQ’s Higher Degrees by Research.
- English Language Requirement: Students have to accomplish the English language requirements of the university.
Scholarship Value and Benefits:
The scholarship awardees get $40,000 per annum, Single Overseas Student Health Cover ($3,800). In addition, $5,000 for education-related expenses is provided each year.
Application Procedures for the Global PhD Scholarships at the University of Queensland –How-to-Apply:
To be part of the University of Queensland PhD scholarship program, interested candidates are to apply for admission to study a higher degree by research coursework at the university. Applicants are automatically considered for the award once their admission status are confirmed.
Document Requirements: To support your application you will have to upload documents to include: academic CV, academic transcript, award certificates/testamurs, evidence of English language proficiency, a copy of passport, and contact details from two referees.
Application Deadline: May 3, 2020