The Center for African Studies at the University of California, Berkeley is delighted to announce to interested candidates that the 2021 Ezera Research Fellowship for African students is ongoing.
The Ezera Fellowship is primarily for graduate students from West Africa who wants to advance academically in the social sciences, humanities, and public policy. African students enrolling in a doctoral program at the university are to take advantage of the fellowship program.
Fellowship Sponsor(s): University of California, Berkeley
Fellowship Level: PhD
Fellowship Worth: See benefits
Fellowship Slot: Not specified
Subject Eligibility: Social Sciences, Humanities, Public Policy
Country Eligibility: Africans
Fellowship to be taken at: USA
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Eligibility: To be eligible for the fellowship, the following are the criteria applicants must ensure to meet:
- Applicants must be enrolled in a doctoral program at the University of California, Berkeley
- Applicants must be from an African country
- Applicants must be sure to have been accepted for admission at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Applicants must have strong academic, research and leadership abilities.
- Applicants must show exceptional interest in advancing scholarship in African Studies.
- Grants of up to $1000 may be requested.
- Funds may be requested for maintenance, travel, or research costs, as appropriate to enhance pre-dissertation and dissertation research in Africa.
You May Also Like:
How-to-Apply: Applicants are to visit the official application website to apply.
Applicants are to send in their application before the application deadline.
Application Deadline: 8 February 2021