Have you ever wondered, “Is my marketing organization receiving enough budget to compete?” or “Exactly how much should I be spending on marketing automation?” If so, IDC’s CMO Advisory Service’s benchmark survey has been helping senior marketers answer questions like these for over 10 years!
Below are the essential “need to knows” around our survey and further down I’ll dive into all the great value of benchmarking your marketing organization. Let’s get started:
What are the benefits?
- Complimentary copy of our 2014 Marketing Investment Planner to benchmark your company’s marketing data against the industry’s data.
- Receive an invitation to our client only telebriefing held by IDC Analysts.
What is needed?
- Email me (smelnick (at) IDC (dot) com) to get our survey instrument and taxonomy.
- Complete the survey and send it back in a timely manner (‘due date’ to be discussed).
What is the Quality of Data and Confidentially?
- This is the 11th year IDC has fielded the Tech Marketing Benchmark Survey and will include participation from many of the 100 largest tech companies – this depth and expertise is unmatched.
- All responses are 100%, no questions asked, confidential. We take this part very seriously.
Bonus to all Participants
- All participants will be eligible for our 2014 Chief Marketing Officer ROI Matrix and will have access to their placement on the Matrix. A great way to easily compare your marketing progress against the rest of the industry’s.
Why do companies benchmark? A benchmark provides context for decision-making. You spend a million dollars a year on social marketing. So what? If your CEO asks you this question, what will you say? Tech marketers tell us that they like to benchmark for the following reasons:
Feel free to reach out and let’s have a discussion whether it’s the right time for your organization to participate!
Email me at: (smelnick (at) IDC (dot) com) or find me on twitter @SamMelnick