We are pleased to bring to your notice that applications are invited from interested persons for the Commonwealth shared sponsorship scheme. The scholarships are targeted at candidates from Developing countries who wish to pursue their masters research program at the University of Oxford. Interested persons should see details and apply to scholarships.
Award Sponsor(s): UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the University of Oxford
Award Type: Fully funded Scholarships
Award level: Scholarships are accessible for Masters
Spaces: Not Stated.
Award Worth: scholarship is worth up to £12,780.
Subject Eligibility: See scholarship site for more details
Nation/Candidate Eligibility: Applicants should be from Developing Nations
English Language Requirement: Applicants from Non-English speaking nations might be required to show proof of English Language Proficiency.
Eligibility Countries/Nations: Student scholarships are targeted at students from Developing countries to include:
Antigua and Barbuda, Anguilla, Barbados, Bangladesh, Belize, Barbado, Bermuda, Beliz, Botswana, Bermud, British Virgin Islands, Dominic, Cameroon, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gambi, Gambia, Ghana, Guyana, Grenada, India, Kenya, Jamaica, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mozambique Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Turks and Caicos, Tuvalu, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Pitcairn, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri-Lanka, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Uganda, Zambia, Vanuatu, Western Samoa and Zimbabwe.
Award Eligibility and Criteria for Selection: To be eligible for the Commonwealth shared scholarships, applicants must:
- Be nationals of a Commonwealth developing country, and not at present living or studying in a developed country;
- Hold a first degree at either first class or upper second class level
- have good academic records
Application Procedure for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships:
Step-by-Step Instructions to Apply
All applications for the Commonwealth shared scholarships are done online. Interested persons should kindly follow the steps as outlined below;
- STEP 1: Apply for the scholarship by 16:00 on Thursday, 14 March 2019.
The scholarship application system is now open –
- STEP 2: In addition to the EAS application form, applicants must ALSO submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission to study one of the eligible programmes at SOAS by Wednesday, 13 February 2019
- Application for Commonwealth Shared Scholarship: 14th March 2019 by 16:00
- Application for Admission must be however submitted by Wednesday, 13 February 2019