Students from Africa are hereby encouraged to apply for the 2020 academic session Africa International PGR Scholarships at King’s College London, United Kingdom. The scholarship is for students undertaking a full-time PhD programme at King’s College London starting in 2020/21 and funding is available for up to four (4) years.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): King’s College London
Scholarship to be taken at: London, United Kingdom
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Scholarship Worth: Full international tuition fees, annual stipend of £17,009, Research support grant up to £5,000 per year.
Subject Eligibility: Disciplines related to Conflict, Peace and Security; Global Health; Development and Digital Technology.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for students from Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Tunisia, Togo, Tanzania, Sudan, South Africa, Somalia, Sierra Leone, Seychelles, Senegal, Sao Tome and Principe, Rwanda, Nigeria, Niger, Namibia, Mozambique, Morocco, Mauritius, Mauritania, Mali, Malawi, Madagascar, Libya, Liberia, Lesotho, Kenya, Guinea-Bissau, Guinea, Ghana, Gambia, Gabon, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, Djibouti, Cote d’Ivoire, Congo, Republic of Congo, Comoros, Chad Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Burundi, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Benin, Angola, Algeria.
You may also like:
Presidential Scholarship Award at University of Winnipeg for International Students 2020/2021 (Fully Funded)
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria: To be considered for the Africa International PGR Scholarships at King’s College, 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be African nationals and permanently resident in the relevant country.
- Applicants must be liable for tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate.
- Applicants must plan to commence a full-time MPhil/PhD programme at King’s College London in the 2020-21 academic session.
- Applicants must plan to carry out research that has relevance to Africa, at the intersection of two or more of the given themes or disciplines.
- Applicants must be granted admission to study a full-time PhD programme at King’s College London for the 2020-21 session.
Application Procedure for the Africa International PGR Scholarships at King’s College, 2020
Applicants are to apply for admissions first via the online admissions system and obtain an offer of a place.
Applicants are to submit a separate online funding application to the Centre for Doctoral Studies by no later than 1st April 2020. Applicants can access the online scholarship application form
Application Deadline: 1st April, 2020