The University of Copenhagen through the Faculty of Science is welcoming applications from international students for PhD scholarship for Science graduates who are interested in the field of Epigenetics at the Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences. The position is supported by the Danish National Research Foundation Grant and is looking for exceptionally motivated students to elucidate the subject matter of epigenetics.
The scholarship will cover a 3-year study programme at the university where the successful applicants will manage and carry out research work, attend PhD courses, write scientific articles and PhD thesis and also work for the department.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Danish National Research Foundation Grant
Scholarship to be taken at: University of Copenhagen
Scholarship level: Postgraduate (PhD)
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition waiver, salary of DKK 331,125 (Approx. €43,750), annual supplement (+ pension at a minimum DKK 53,811)
Subject Eligibility: Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or related fields
Country/Candidate Eligibility: For domestic and international students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must be students who are exceptionally motivated to elucidate the effects of epigenetic signalling during long non-coding RNA transcription on “genomic punctuation”.
- Applicants must be ready to undertake projects that involves design, execution and analysis of transcriptomics and epigenomics Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data.
- Applicants with expertise and enthusiasm to analyse NGS data characterize candidates that match the profile for the position.
- Applicants must have obtained good master’s degree in relevant courses from a recognized university.
You May Also Like:
Application Procedures for the Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Copenhagen for Science Graduates 2021
Applicants are to complete the online application form and supporting documents electronically by visiting the application website. Documents to include are:
- Cover letter, stating which PhD project you are applying for and detailing motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project.
- Transcripts and certificates of records (BSc and MSc)
- List of publications (if any)
- 1-3 reference letters (if any)
Application Deadline: 15th August, 2020