Keolis Downer is the proud operator of Yarra Trams, the oldest and largest light rail network in the world. Since 2009, Keolis Downer has significantly invested in Melbourne’s tram network and community. In September 2017, the Victorian Government awarded Keolis Downer the contract to run Yarra Trams until at least 2024. This is an exciting time for Yarra Trams.
Throughout the franchise agreement term we will ensure we deliver safe, more reliable passenger services, meet our commitment to performance of our fleet, while increasing the value of the tram network for Melburnians and the thousands of visitors to our city every day.
To deliver on these exciting challenges, Yarra Trams requires the services of a suitably qualified and experienced Electrical or Mechanical fitter to perform tram maintenance and servicing tasks ensuring the optimum availability of trams to service the Melbourne public.
The role will be located at the Preston Super depot region encompassing Preston, Essendon and Brunswick depots.
The position is a great opportunity for trade qualified and experienced Electrical and / or Mechanical Fitter to actively assist our Rolling Stock Maintenance teams in performing tram servicing, fault finding and repairs, component exchange and preventative maintenance. Reporting to the Fleet Manager, Maintenance and working on a 7 day per week rotating roster, the role will involve:
- Performing maintenance tasks of a reactive and preventative nature as allocated by the supervisor;
- Identifying non base trade related faults during inspection activities and depot servicing, and advising supervisor so that appropriate resources can be allocated;
- Documenting and signing off all tasks performed in accordance with the processes described in the Management system;
- Providing advice on trade related issues as required;
- Working across our 3 super Depots (Southbank, Preston and Malvern) if required.
To be successful in this opportunity, you will have:
- Completed an apprenticeship as a Mechanical fitter or electrician;
- Availability to work on a 7 day per week rotating roster, including day, afternoon, night, weekend and public holiday shifts;
- Experience in providing technical advice (Knowledge sharing) to other tradesmen;
- Experience overseeing the work of junior Staff (including apprentices);
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- An awareness and understanding of the OH&S and environmental risks that pertain to this role;
- A current Victorian Drivers Licence.