The University of Houston-Victoria in Victoria, Texas invites students to apply and compete for the International Student merit awards.
All undergraduate and graduate students admitted to UHV at the time of application are eligible to apply for an international merit scholarship. The aim of The grant is to provide financial help to international students.
The University of Houston–Victoria is a four-year state university and one of four distinct institutions in the University of Houston System.
Why at the University of Houston-Victoria? The University offers a unique combination of excellent, affordable and personalized academic and leadership opportunities to empower students to become successful 21st-century citizens in an increasingly complex world.
- University or Organization: University of Houston-Victoria
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate and graduate
- Award: Tuition and fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Application Deadline: September 15th and November 15th, each year
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: International candidates are eligible to apply for the opportunity .
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: Students who have a demonstrated record of academic achievement and admitted to UHV are eligible to apply. At the time of award, the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- The admitted student to UHV
- At the time of the award, the student must be registered for a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students, 9 credits for graduate students.
- Returning/or current students must have two semesters remaining to graduate (semester receiving the program cannot be the final semester)
- Returning/Current students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for undergraduate students and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above for graduate students.
- Spring semester scholarship recipients will receive the program only for the spring and summer semesters. In order to maximize the program opportunity, all Spring scholarship recipients are required to register for a full-time course load online (summer only) or face-to-face. If applicable all spring scholarship recipients must re-apply for the fall merit scholarship before the deadline (see below).
- International students or students on another non-immigrant visa status
- F-1 and J-1 students must be on the relevant visa status on or before the state date of their immigration document
- F-1 and J-1 students must attend mandatory International Student orientation at Victoria or Katy
- All non-immigrant status students must be on good academic
How to Apply
- and immigration status
- How to apply: To apply, firstly applicants need to submit the online UHV General application. Second, submit International Student Merit application
- Supporting Documents: Freshmen students must submit the following documents: Test scores (SAT or ACT and TSI Assessment), Home-school transcript
- Admission Requirements: To be admitted to UHV, student must meet at least two out of three of the following requirements: Be ranked in the top 50 per cent of their graduating class, Have a minimum 2.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale), Meet or exceed scores of 940 (SAT) or 18 (ACT).
- Language Requirement: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- The award is a $1000 award for the academic year (fall, spring, and summer) if the recipient is a spring semester recipient, the award is for spring and summer only.
- The sponsorship will reduce the student’s tuition and fees by $500 every fall, spring, and summer