Applicants are encouraged to apply for the 2019/2020 Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship (VCGS) to study in Canada. The scholarships are open to students from all nationalities and can be accessed through a nomination process.
Scholarship Type: Full Research Scholarships
Scholarship level: Postgraduate Research Studies
Subject Eligibility: Scholarship covers Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering research and Social sciences and humanities research.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
To be qualified for the 2019 Vanier Canadian Scholarships in Canada for International Students, the following eligibility conditions will apply.
- Applicants must be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
- Applicants must be pursuing their first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as MD/Ph.D., DVM/Ph.D., JD/Ph.D. – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the Ph.D. portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Applicants must have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2019.
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average.
- Applicants must not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Application for the scholarship begins with a nomination and can be done online through suitable platforms.
Interested applicants must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Read: Nomination Process
Visit: Official Scholarship Link